Why you should build your Amazon storefront
When most people think of Amazon, they think of a website where they can buy practically anything. But what you may not know is that Amazon also offers businesses the opportunity to set up their own storefront on the site. This can be a great way to reach new customers and sell more products. Let’s learn a little more about storefronts.
1. What are Amazon storefronts?
Simply put, it is a page, or series of pages, that gives a business a place to introduce audiences to their company’s story, mission, and products.
2. How can an Amazon storefront benefit your business?
Amazon Storefronts is a way for brands and businesses of all sizes to reach Amazon’s hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Businesses can showcase their products to Amazon customers in a highly visible, brand-aligned experience on Amazon.com. Amazon Storefronts helps businesses tell their story, showcase their products, and reach more customers. Businesses can use Storefronts to connect with customers, create loyalty, and drive sales. With Storefronts, businesses can reach Amazon customers around the world. Storefronts are available in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, China, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, and Australia.
Adding more content to amazon gives you more opportunity to target keywords and customers. Having more “real estate” gives you more opportunities for more eyes and more exposure to potential customers.
3. Why you should build a storefront on Amazon
Building an Amazon storefront has a number of benefits for businesses. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that it gives businesses the opportunity to reach Amazon’s hundreds of millions of customers around the world. But there are other benefits as well, such as:
- Building trust and credibility with potential customers: Showcasing your products on Amazon.com helps build trust and credibility with potential customers who may not be familiar with your brand. A branded store with a custom storefront helps to legitimize the business and gives consumers confidence in their products.
- Increased visibility for your brand and products: Having a storefront on Amazon.com helps increase visibility for your brand and products. Customers who are searching for products on Amazon.com are more likely to see your products if you have a storefront. Amazon has stated that nearly 80% of shoppers used a Storefront to find a new brand and make a purchase within the last calendar year.
- The ability to tell your brand’s story: A storefront on Amazon.com gives you the opportunity to tell your brand’s story and give customers a behind-the-scenes look at your business. This can help create loyalty and build relationships with customers as they make a connection with your unique mission or goal.
- Increased Sales: Ultimately, the goal of having a storefront on Amazon.com is to increase sales. And because you’re able to reach more potential customers and tell your brand’s story, you’re more likely to see an increase in sales. Also, in a recent Amazon webinar, they announced that Stores with 3+ pages have 83% higher shopper dwell time and 32% higher attributed sales per visitor.
4. How to set up your storefront
- “Click the “Create Store” button.
- Choose a template for your Store. Each one includes adjustable tiles for images, text, video, and other content. The template options include:
- Product Grid: A simple way to display your brand selection.
- Marquee: Include a curated product display with additional space for imagery, product descriptions, and customer quotes.
- Showcase: A flexible option for brands with a broad selection of products, featuring plenty of space for product information and rich visual content.
Open Store Builder to build an online store for your brand within the Amazon store.
Click on Page Manager and select “Add a page” to add a page to your online store. Enter the page name and description, and choose a page template.
Use the Tile Manager to add and arrange content to the page. Combine product images, text, and video to create an engaging experience.
Handpick products to feature in your store, or use dynamic widgets to automatically populate different product displays, such as best-selling products or recommendations based on visitor behavior. Dynamic widgets use Amazon data such as keyword search, best-selling products, and/or recommendation history to help you optimize and update the products that appear on your store.
Use the Preview Window to see how your store will appear for desktop and mobile browsers. Click on an individual tile within the page to edit.” Amazon
5. How to market your store and attract customers
When it comes to online selling, one of the most important things you can do is market your store effectively. After all, even the best products won’t sell if no one knows about them. So how can you go about marketing your Amazon store? One option is to use Amazon’s own advertising tools, such as Sponsored Brands and Banner ads that are unique to only storefront ads. These platforms allow you to place ads on Amazon.com and reach a wide audience of potential customers. Do not forget about the importance of SEO optimization. This involves optimizing your product listings and website for certain keywords so that they appear higher in search results. This can be a complex task, but there are a number of resources available to help you get started. By using these marketing strategies, you can ensure that more people are aware of your store and its products, leading to increased sales.
6.Tips for success with your Amazon storefront
Listen to our recent podcast here to learn more tips when creating your Amazon Storefront.